Monday, May 12, 2008

Spirit of 76

Well - today marks 76 days of me being smoke free! Yeah...I did have the help of Chantix - which has made people do a lot of funky things (suicide, night eating, night driving), however, the Federal Government is telling people if they want to quit smoking use Chantix. Go figure? I only took it for about 5 weeks - I think the drug is finally exiting my system - I have had some odd side effects the past few days but hopefully they will all subside!
Alongside not smoking... I have managed to lose 22lbs ... remember I am 6'3 and I started out at 240 lbs...now I am down to 218 lbs...I am also starting to "tone up"...my wife asked me if I am going through a "middle aged" crisis? She told me I am starting to remind her of Kevin Spacey in American Beauty...I tell her wow you remind me of his wife in the movie!
That brings me to my "read of the day"... I read this article on a "stay at home dad" written by this lady who is more full of herself than a big heaping bag of dog turds...her name is Penelope Trunk and she writes for The Boston Globe - she claims that she gets letters from SAHD's all of the time asking her to write about them - well she said this guy was most "reflective" of a SAHD (article here). If you read the article you will understand that this lady is giving people "advice" while having no sense of reality herself...why?

No comments: