Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back From Chicago!

We really had a great time in Chicago - celebrated my grandmother's 88th Birthday, got to see my mom and dad, spent time with my brother and his wife, played Xbox with my nephews, met my new one - and came to the realization that I have no desire to ever live in a "big market" again! Don't get me wrong - I love Chicago and I will always be glad that I am from there - but I am complacent living in my 3 mile radius! For those of you that know me - I often gloat about the fact that I never really go more than 3 miles from my house. For some - I know that is sad and I might seem like an isolationist - we'll I am! I have a hard enough time dealing with the assholes in my 3 mile radius - I couldn't imagine dealing with more!
So when we got back in town we got to go to The Raconteurs show - Jack White from the White Stripes - my wife loved it - me not so much - well maybe the beers and Jack and Coke I did but - I was outta my 3 mile radius!
So far we have been enjoying the summer - Max and I camped out again last night. We have been busy going to the water fountains, playing in the sprinklers, jamming in Lego Star Wars!
Oh yeah - I fell off the wagon! For several years I have been a pretty heavy smoker a pack a day at least - I took Chantix and was able to quit for more than 100 days - well - one thing lead to another and I have found myself puffing down some Swisher Sweets - so once again I am back on the Chantix and once again look forward to not smelling like an ashtray!

No comments: